Click the logo to return to the home page
The Apostles’ Creed
One of the earliest statements of the Christian faith is the Apostles’ Creed which reads as the following..
- Taken from the book of Common Worship (2000)
- I believe in God, the Father almighty,
- creator of heaven and earth.
- I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
- who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
- born of the Virgin Mary,
- suffered under Pontius Pilate,
- was crucified, died, and was buried;
- he descended into hell.
- On the third day he rose again;
- he ascended into heaven,
- he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
- and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit,
- the holy catholic Church,
- the communion of saints,
- the forgiveness of sins,
- the resurrection of the body,
- and the life everlasting.
These form the core tenants of the Christian faith shared by Christians everywhere.